You can find "Ashaway School Library" on Facebook!
Follow our page to be notified of blog updates!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Ashaway Poets!

I had SO much fun reading the poetry that our students created on the website I posted last week!  Most of them chose to create an acrostic, but I got a few diamante and shape poems as well.  If you stop by the school, please take a look at the display on the bulletin board in our foyer!
In case you don't get a chance to see them, I will share a few with you here.  I hope you enjoy them!

 
Flower and Weed
by Avery

flower,
care, water,
keeping, loving, smelling,
comes up as beautiful, comes up as a menace
devastating, unloving, growing,
plenty, multiplies,
weed

Doughnut
By Sulli

Delicious
Outstandingly good
Unlike eggs
Gorgeous
Hunger-inducing
Notably tasty
Usually Round
Tease my tastebuds

Dogs
By Haiden

Dog,
Cuddly, Furry,
training, jumping, licking,
German Shepard, Dalmation, Goldendoodle, Chihuahua
barking, panting, loving,
cute, loud,
Canine

Spring
By Drew

Sun in the sky
Pansies sprouting
Rain falling
I love to play
New flowers
Gardening