You can find "Ashaway School Library" on Facebook!
Follow our page to be notified of blog updates!

Friday, September 21, 2012

This "House" was Hopping!



Last night was our Open House, and the library was packed!!!  It was wonderful to see so many students excited about sharing their library with their families!




My apologies if I didn't get a chance to talk with you; the steady stream of visitors kept me engaged every minute of the evening!  Fortunately there is plenty to do and see here.  I saw lots of students introducing their parents and younger siblings to Bear (often before me, but that's okay...I'm used to it!).  The Aladdin lamp was rubbed (unfortunately the genie appears to still be on vacation), new books were poured over, shelf markers were borrowed to look at books, and magazines were enjoyed.  Many children explained very knowledgeably about who Skoob is and what his job is in the library.  I especially loved hearing some of my students instruct their families about how to properly turn a page in a library book!  :)


Two current students, a former student, and a future student!

I'm sad not to have more pictures, but I got caught up in the whirlwind!  By the time I remembered to use my camera, the evening was coming to a close.  Fortunately these two families were kind enough to stick around for a few minutes so I could capture some smiles to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment