You can find "Ashaway School Library" on Facebook!
Follow our page to be notified of blog updates!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Special Event Coming Soon!!!

It's finally almost time for the...
 
Rhode Island Festival of
CHILDREN'S BOOKS
& AUTHORS! 

Saturday, October 13th ~ 9:00-5:30  
Lincoln School ~ Providence, RI

I went to the festival last year, and it was amazing.  I got to meet so many wonderful authors and illustrators while getting books signed for our library, and all of the presentations I went to were so interesting!  (You can read about some highlights of my day by clicking here.)

I asked some of my fourth graders to help me showcase a few of the people we're excited about seeing at this year's event:

Illustrator Harry Bliss!

Author Tom Angleberger!

Author Alan Katz!


Author/illustrator Chris Van Allsburg!

To see a complete list of all the presenters, 

In addition to the author and illustrator presentations, the festival will feature a musical performance by Justin Roberts.  Children will also be able to make book crafts throughout the day!  For all the details, visit the Book Festival page of the Lincoln School website.

Admission to the event is $5 per person, but this year I will be able to get some of our students into the festival for free!  I am incredibly grateful to event organizer Meagan Lenihan; thanks to her support, I have TEN FREE FAMILY PASSES to give away!  If your child didn't bring home a form to sign up for the raffle, just send in a note addressed to me requesting one!  The deadline to turn them in is Friday, October 5th.

I hope you'll consider joining me at Lincoln School for a wonderful day devoted to celebrating books and the people who make them!


No comments:

Post a Comment