You can find "Ashaway School Library" on Facebook!
Follow our page to be notified of blog updates!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am Thankful for Libraries!

I am thankful for students who enjoy books!
This week our Ashaway Student Council delivered "Turkey Grams" that were purchased by students and teachers to send a message to someone in the building.  I was delighted to find a bunch in my mailbox on Tuesday, and I loved the sweet sentiments.  Each began with "I am thankful for you because".  Several students had written I am thankful for you because you let us bring home library books.  Reading through the slips got me thinking about how thankful I am for libraries, too!  I often walk out of my local public library with my book bag stuffed full of books for me, books for my students doing research, and books on CD to listen to in the car.  (I am a huge fan of audio books!)  I love finding materials waiting for me that I've ordered from Inter-Library Loan, and having access to high-quality databases online has been an enormous help when doing research.  I am always so grateful that these wonderful resources are available to me and to everyone else who wants to take advantage of them!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone, and please take some time to share a book with someone you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment