You can find "Ashaway School Library" on Facebook!
Follow our page to be notified of blog updates!

Friday, May 24, 2013

"No Time for TV" Week - Winners Announced!

No Time for TV Week ended on Sunday, May 19th.  All this week students have been bringing back their papers to show how many points they earned by exercising their minds and bodies, and there are a LOT of them!  I'll be handing out the prizes next week for those who earned at least 100 points, but today I got to announce the 15 winners of the $10 gift certificates to the Other Tiger bookstore in Westerly.  Half of them didn't have any screen time for the entire seven days, and all of them earned at least 100 points.  I wish I had been able to get a video of when I announced the names of the winners.  Not only did they have huge smiles, but I saw so many excited classmates who also lit up in support of their friends!

This year's gift certificate winners!

While the deadline has passed for being included in the drawing, I will continue to accept participation forms from those who earned at least 100 points.  These students will be allowed to select something special from the library "prize basket" next week!

Thanks all to all the families who participated and supported their children during the week!  I am also grateful for the sponsorship of our wonderful Ashaway School PTO, who provides the funds for the gift certificates and other prizes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment