You can find "Ashaway School Library" on Facebook!
Follow our page to be notified of blog updates!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Oh, the Places HE will Go!

Tomorrow, March 2nd, is Dr. Seuss's birthday!  

Oh, the Places HE Will Go! (The Cat in the Hat that is!)
To help celebrate this event, our own little Cat in the Hat had some adventures at Ashaway School today!

Every hour the students heard an announcement from the office that contained a clue to help them guess where he was.  All day the students looked for him as they passed in the halls to see if their guesses were correct.  I wish you could have heard their excitement when they thought they knew the answer, and especially when they spotted him in his new hiding place!  It was a really fun day!!

 Think you can guess the answers?  I'll post each clue and then follow it with a picture of where he was...


9am: "I am peeking at the names of students that have been safe, honest, responsible and respectful...Where am I???"

He was in the Cougar Claw Card display!

10am: "If you can guess where I am now you will score a slam dunk...Where am I???"


He was on the basketball hoop in the gym!

11am: "I'm not feeling very well, so I will be laying down to rest...Where am I???"


He was in the nurse's office!


 Noon: "I had a nice rest and feel ready to do some more exploring!  Now I am heading out to learn how to work a cash register...Where am I?"


He was in the cafeteria!


Hmm...someone was up to some mischief this afternoon.  When Mrs. Bartkiewicz stopped by to say hello to the Cat in the Hat at the end of lunch, he was gone!  Instead she found Frog wearing a red and white striped hat.  He had a Frog and Toad book in his hands, and inside was another clue: "I told Cat in the Hat to get a drink. He was complaining he was thirsty!"



He was in the drink dispenser!!!

 1:10pm: "For the next hour I will be hard at work buzzing in visitors...Where am I?"


He was on Mrs. Scaglione's desk in the office!

  2pm: "Now I need to relax.  I am going to be hanging out with a very special bear...Where am I?"


He was in the library!

  3pm: "I'm spending time with your school mascot...Where am I?"


He was in the foyer with the cougar (and his new friend, Frog)!






This first grader carried a notebook with her all day so she could write down all of her guesses!

All students and staff were encouraged to wear stripes today to help celebrate the special day.  You can see LOTS more pictures by visiting our online school photo album.  Click here to go to our school web page, and then click on the "Picture Gallery" link on the right-hand side.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment