You can find "Ashaway School Library" on Facebook!
Follow our page to be notified of blog updates!

Friday, March 23, 2012

"My favorite book in the library is..."

It's still a few weeks away, but we've been spending some time in the library getting ready for Reading Week!  During class I invited each student to write about his or her favorite book that can be found in our library.  I'm planning to create a display using the titles of the books for our Pop and Swap on Tuesday, April 10th from 4-6pm.  Kids and adults can "pop in" to swap books they no longer read for different ones!  (Please send in your gently used book donations.  You can also bring them in with you the night of the swap!)  While you're there you can enjoy some popular refreshments and play some popular games!  Plus each student who attends will receive a popcorn-scented bookmark!  I look forward to seeing you there!

"My favorite book in the library is Mr. Popper's Penguins because when Popper's performing penguins saw a ladder with a board on top they get tempted to climb it and toboggan down.  Also, when they are performing around the USA, in the train they acted crazy!"
"My favorite book in the library is Scary Creatures: Hyenas because it tells you how the hyenas live in the wild and why they eat meat."
"My favorite book in the library is The Haunted School.  I like it because I like the part when Tommy knocked down a narrow board and there was an elevator.  So, he went in it, and it led down to a secret room.  I was so surprised to see what was in the room!"

No comments:

Post a Comment