You can find "Ashaway School Library" on Facebook!
Follow our page to be notified of blog updates!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Friends Old and New at Open House!

A former student, two current students, and a future student!
Monday night was Open House, can you believe it??  (I am always amazed by how quickly the time flies!)  It was, as always, a fun evening.  I got to see lots of my new kindergartners who proudly showed off their library to their families, led them to where they sit, and of course made introductions to Bear.  I always enjoy getting to see all the students and their families who stop in, but it's a special treat to see my former students return with their families!  I got to discuss "Rooster Books" with many of the middle schoolers, and we compared notes on which titles were our favorites.  Some even brought books they were reading with them to share with me, and I now have a list of recommended titles on my desk!  It's so wonderful to see that they love their libraries!