You can find "Ashaway School Library" on Facebook!
Follow our page to be notified of blog updates!

Friday, May 27, 2011

"No Time for TV" Winners!

Thanks to the support of our wonderful PTO, this morning I was able to hand out TEN gift certificates for the Other Tiger bookstore in Westerly.  Each gift card is worth ten dollars!  The winner's names were drawn from the pile of "No Time for TV" contracts that were handed in this week, and I'm thrilled to say that it was a very big pile!!  More than half of our students participated in our challenge to "Exercise Your Body, Exercise Your Mind".  Last week I had a lot of students tell me about the activities they were enjoying with their friends and families, and I noticed that many arts and crafts books were gone from the shelves.  I hope that the week encouraged some people to discover a new favorite activity or to begin a family tradition!  (Game night, anyone?)